Vango Kibale TC Polycotton 450 Tent - Nutmeg
We offer Free UK Mainland delivery on all orders over £50*
Orders between £0.00 - £50
Standard Shipping (3-5 Days) = £4.95
24-48 Hour Courier Service (order before 1pm for next working day delivery - available Monday-Thursday) = £6.95
Orders between £50 - £80 - Free UK Mainland Delivery
Items weighing under 2kg - Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded (3-5 Days)
Items weighing 2-30kg - DPD Next Day Delivery (24-48 hour delivery)
If you place an order between £50-£80 and want faster delivery, you can upgrade for just £2.95 at the checkout. We will then send your order with DPD for Next Day Service.
Please note: for a 24-48 Hour Courier Service we need your order to be placed before 1pm. This service is available Monday-Thursday.
Designed using the Vango TC Polycotton fabric, the Kibale 450 4-man tent is perfect for camping in hotter climates. A rear multi-flex vent, as well as face level vents, ensure air flow is constant throughout the tent, creating a pleasant atmosphere.
The Kibale also benefits from King-Sized Bedrooms, offering plenty of space for a comfortable night’s sleep. This tent is perfect for small families or friends seeking a more luxurious tent for their weekend camping trips.
- Vango PowerFlex® Fibreglass Poles - Create strong, light and reliable structures
- Face Level Vent Panel - Increased ventilation in inner tent
- Flysheet First or as One Pitch - Inner stays dry if tent being pitched in wet conditions
- Multi Opening Vent - Air flow can be regulated to suit
- Polyethylene waterproof groundsheet
- Large mesh vents on inner - Keeps tents cooler in warm conditions and reduces condensation
- Dual vent at rear of tent - Can be opened at different levels to regulate airflow
- Sentinel Signature Fabric - Combines the leading properties of both cotton and polyester to create a rich polycotton fabric which is breathable and easy to maintain. Sentinel Signature is a high-quality fabric that is luxurious to the touch, robust and durable
- Nightfall Bedrooms - Helps reduce early morning light so your sleeping pattern doesn't need to be dictated by the sunrise
- King Bedrooms - Extra sleeping area width per person, allowing for a more comfortable night's sleep
Pitching Time: 15 mins
Packsize: 66 x 30 x 30cm
Capacity: 4 Person
Additional Information - Polycotton Advantages:
- Adaptability - Polycotton's main advantage is its ability to adapt to different climates. Cotton works well in colder weather as it retains heat, and also worked well in warm conditions, as the fabric breathes and will remain cooler than polyester.
- Durability - Ideal for longer camping trips, or for extended camping trips - as the fabric will not degrade as quickly as polyester fabric.
- UV Degradation - Ideal for foreign trips where the sun is stronger. UV degradation is the number one killer of a tent - fading and perishing the fabric - polycotton can last longer than polyester in these climates.
- Structural - as a structure, polycotton is much stronger than polyester, and will be able to handle higher levels of wind speed, when compared with polyester.
- Quieter in the Wind - polycotton's great strength is also the ability to remain quieter in windy conditions - the fabric does not make the same high rustling sound that polyester makes in the wind.
- Heavier - the fabric is far heavier than polyester - and harder to transport. Ideally heavier family tents, will need two people to lift them in and out of the car.
- Larger Pack Size - the pack size is larger on polycotton tents, when compared with polyester, meaning they take up more space in the car.
- Needs weathering - any polycotton tent will need weathering. To do this - the fabric needs to be treated with water, and then allow to dry. The best exercise is to pitch in the garden, and use a hosepipe, and then allow to dry. This is because the fabric will swell when wet, and then tighten together stronger once it has dried out properly.
- Dries out slower
Polycotton - Perfect for:
- Those camping in warmer conditions on the continent.
- Those out camping a lot over the season.
- Those who are camping for extended periods of time.
- Those who are early or late season campers.
- Pitch your tent: We highly recommend doing this before your camping trip, but we are well aware that this sometimes isn’t possible. You may be able to get away with going through this process on your camping holiday.
- Go through the ‘wetting’ process: Leave your tent out in a light rain shower or soak it yourself with a hose for around 10 minutes.
- Let your tent dry: This is where the magic happens. During the drying process, the thread within the stitch holes expands and completely fills any space or exposure where water could potentially get through.
- Pack your tent away: This is the weathering done and dusted. This shouldn’t need to be done again, throughout the rest of your tents life.
- We always recommend using tent waterproofing products on your tent, every 2-3 years which will keep the fabric performing to the best of its ability.